Plasma spraying (PS) is a process that combines the generation of a plasma jet, the injection and melting of surfacing materials within the plasma jet, and finally the formation of a coating through the impingement of the surfacing materials on the substrate.
What does PSP stand for?
PSP stands for Plasma Spraying (welding)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PSP
We have 656 other meanings of PSP in our Acronym Attic
- Photostimulable Phosphor (imaging)
- Physical Security Professional (American Society for Industrial Security)
- Physician Sponsor Plan
- Physician Sponsor Program
- Pierced Steel Planking
- PL/SQL Server Pages (Oracle)
- Planet Soft Pages
- Planning & Scheduling Professional
- Planning Scheme Policy (Australia)
- Plasma Separation Process
- Plastic Surgery Products (trade magazine)
- Playstation Plus
- PlayStation Portable (Sony)
- Pneumatic Supply Pressure
- Point of Sale Processor
- Point Singularity Projector (Andromeda TV series)
- Pointed Soft Point
- Pointed Soft Point (bullet)
- Polícia de Segurança Pública (Portugal)
- Policy Support Programme (Information and Communication Technologies; EU)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Within sections on densification, chemical methods, and physical methods, they discuss such topics as fundamentals and practice of sintering, processing and applications of sol-gel glass, the chemical vapor deposition of structural ceramics and composites, directional solidification, and processing ceramics by plasma spraying.
Plasma spraying parameters of the coatings are given in Table 3.
They devised a method which fixed a plasma spraying tool to a robot arm used to rapidly oxidise the surfaces of plastic car components.
PLASMA SPRAYING COMPOSITES A plasma-spray process to deposit thermoplastic powders--with or without fillers or reinforcements--onto a variety of surfaces in either an indoor spray shop or at an outdoor job site is available from Applied Polymer Systems, Inc.
In plasma spraying the substance is heated until it is ionized and then quickly deposited on a suitable surface and cooled.
Yang, CY, Wang, BC, Chang, E, Wu, JD, "The Influences of Plasma Spraying Parameters on the Characteristics of Hydroxyapatite Coatings: A Quantitative Study.