In one patient with SLE, plasma exchange was used for treatment of HPS.
What does PLEX stand for?
PLEX stands for Plasma Exchange
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PLEX
- Persons of Limited English-Speaking Ability (training and employment program)
- Polymorphic Light Eruption Sine Eruptione (skin condition)
- Program for Leadership in Earth Systems Education (teacher enhancement program)
- Pipeline End Termination
- Protection Log Extract Utility
- Pityriasis Lichenoides Et Varioliformis Acuta (Medical; skin condition characterized by hemorrhagic blisters)
- Pennsylvania Lake Erie Watershed Association
- Planet Extreme (Russian gaming site)
- Plans and Exercises
- Plant License Extension (nuclear energy industry)
- Procedure Language Extension
- Programming Language for Exchanges
- Plastics Export Promotion Council of India
- Phillips Laboratory Expert User System
- Pacific Legal Foundation
- Palestine Liberation Front (terrorist group)
- Parachute Landing Fall
- Participating Law Firms (LexUniversal)
- Party Liberation Front
- Passenger Load Factor
Samples in periodicals archive:
She was transferred to a tertiary hospital for plasma exchange therapy.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] * Brian Weinshenker, MD, of the Mayo Clinic, wins the 2011 John Dystel Prize for MS Research for outstanding contributions to understanding and treating MS * He did a landmark study that tracked the course of MS, and helped develop ways to distinguish MS from look-alikes * His research helped establish plasma exchange therapy as a treatment for people with severe MS attacks unresponsive to steroids * He improved our understanding of how genes and gender influence MS Finding better ways to separate MS from similar disorders, and finding better ways to treat severe MS--this is why Brian Weinshenker, MD (Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
Golden Meditech is the first and also the largest blood-related medical devices manufacturer in China, primarily engaged in the development, manufacture, sales and distribution of blood-related medical devices, with its major product line being the Autologous Blood Recovery System (ABRS), the plasma exchange system and the accelerated thermostatic infusion pump.
Therapeutic Plasma Exchange and Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) are found successful in reducing OCD and other behavioral symptoms in children with PANDAS (9).
He picked up a couple of viral infections and they undid all the good work done by the plasma exchange he undergoes.
Pulmonary alveolar haemorrhage due to other immune mechanisms is treated with glucocorticosteroids, cyclophosphamide and plasma exchange alone or in combination.
The equipment will include portable ultrasound, blood flow and cardiac monitors and plasma exchange machines.