Orthobunyavirus-specific antibodies were detected by plaque reduction neutralization test in 146 (18%) of 823 persons tested.
What does PRNT stand for?
PRNT stands for Plaque Reduction Neutralization Test
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Pollution and Natural Resources Program
- Prion Protein
- Pacific Rim National Park Reserve (Canada)
- Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services (California)
- Partially Resolved Numerical Simulation (aeronautics)
- Point Reyes National Seashore (California)
- Power Rangers Ninja Storm (TV show)
- Programs of Regional and National Significance (Center for Substance Abuse Prevention)
- Pseudo Random Noise Sequence
- Point Reyes National Seashore Association
- Party of Romanian National Unity (est. 1990; Romania)
- Photo Response Non Uniformity
- Parker River National Wildlife Refuge (Massachusetts)
- Pigeon Racing New Zealand
- Procedure Reports of New Zealand
- Adjusted Production (baseball statistic)
- Packet Re-Ordering
- Pain Relief Ointment (various companies)
- Paragon Ragtime Orchestra (Lewisburg, PA)
- Parks and Recreation Ontario (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Screening of pig sera for antibodies to Japanese encephalitis virus using a dot enzyme immunoassay and IgM capture ELISA: comparison with the hemagglutination inhibition and plaque reduction neutralization tests.
htm) were screened for immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibodies against WNV antigen by ELISA (6) and confirmed by plaque reduction neutralization test (PRNT) as previously described (7).
Because of cross-reactivity between anti-flavivirus antibodies, we used a microsphere-based immunoassay (MIA) with a quadratic discrimination analysis (6) and a plaque reduction neutralization test (PRNT) to distinguish between infecting flaviviruses.
Antibody Assays Each serum sample was tested by standard 80% plaque reduction neutralization test (PRNT) (20).
Reactive serum samples were further tested by a plaque reduction neutralization test (PRNT) with WNV (NY99, Ontario, Canada, 2001 isolate), SLEV (Parton strain, American Type Culture Collection catalog no.