Concurrently, to assess retention of vaccinia virus infectivity in RNAlater-preserved organ tissue, embryonated chicken eggs were infected with 100 plaque forming units (PFU) of vaccinia virus and dissected after 3 days of incubation.
What does PFU stand for?
PFU stands for Plaque Forming Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PFU
We have 44 other meanings of PFU in our Acronym Attic
- Partnership for the West (Colorado)
- Pray for the Wicked (Panic! at the Disco album)
- Paging File Utilization (Norton System Doctor Win2000)
- Particle Flux Unit
- Partner Firmware Update (Hewlett-Packard)
- Parts Followup
- Physical Fitness Uniform
- Pink Fluffy Unicorn
- Plan de Formation de l'Unité (French: Training Plan of Unity)
- Plan For Use
- Position Fix Update (GPS)
- Pressens Faglige Utvalg (Norwegian: Press Complaints Commission)
- Pretty Fouled Up (polite form)
- Private Finance Unit (UK)
- Probability of Frame Unavailability
- Programmable Function Unit
- Proto-Fenno-Ugric (linguistics)
- Proto-Flight Unit
- Pyrococcus Furiosus
- Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows (song)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5] WNV plaque forming units per ml serum) within 5 days postinoculation (DPI), and/or shed virus per os or per cloaca.
They put two million plaque forming units of influenza A - H5N1 - on samples of common, pure copper sheet metal and on common stainless steel.