But what we really wanted to know is which genes underlie disease resistance," says ARS plant geneticist Peter Balint-Kurti, who is in the Plant Science Research Unit in Raleigh, North Carolina.
What does PSRU stand for?
PSRU stands for Plant Science Research Unit (USDA Agricultural Research Service; Raleigh, NC)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PSRU
We have 2 other meanings of PSRU in our Acronym Attic
- Pennsylvania Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Pixel-Selected Ray Tracing (computer imaging)
- Political Science Research and Teaching
- Post-Shock Repolarization Time (cardiology)
- Product Sustainability Round Table
- Public Safety Response Team (Queensland, Australia Police)
- Public Sector Recruitment Test (Australia)
- Plover Shared-Ride Taxi Service
- Pakistan Security Research Unit (UK)
- Pay Survey and Research Unit (Hong Kong)
- Program Services Reimbursement Unit (New York)
- Prop Speed Reduction Unit
- Public Service Reform Unit (various locations)
- Physical Security and Risk Visualization (software)
- Playstation Revamped
- Polished Slip/Skid Resistance Value (paved surfaces measurement)
- Pressure Safety Relief Valve (industrial controls)
- Pseudorelative Response Velocity
- Political Science Research Workshop
- Public Service Recognition Week
Samples in periodicals archive:
Vance, USDA-ARS Plant Science Research Unit, University of Minnesota, 411 Borlaug Hall, 1991 Upper Buford Circle, St.
Holland, a researcher involved in the work from the US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Plant Science Research Unit at North Carolina State University.
MAGIC is a gene-centered approach that uses mutant genes or other genetic variants controlling a trait of interest as 'reporters' to identify novel genes and variants for that trait," explains Balint-Kurti, who is in the ARS Plant Science Research Unit in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Plant geneticist Matt Krakowsky, with ARS's Plant Science Research Unit in Raleigh, North Carolina, coordinates breeding and evaluation activities for the southeastern United States.
Plant Science Research Unit, Raleigh, North Carolina--Coordinates Ug99 screening of U.
David Marshall, USDA-ARS Plant Science Research Unit, Raleigh, NC; (919) 515-6819, david.
He and other scientists in the ARS Plant Science Research Unit are just a few years into making crosses between hull-less barley and barley with resistance to Ug99, a stem rust that can inflict crop losses of up to 100 percent.