Consequently, on the higher elevations of the island, high marsh was established by using plant vegetation that had been collected locally from surrounding islands within Jamaica Bay and grown at the Cape May Plant Materials Center, which is a part of the NRCS.
What does PMC stand for?
PMC stands for Plant Materials Center (USDA; Pullman, WA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PMC
We have 555 other meanings of PMC in our Acronym Attic
- Physical Modeling Consortium (now Plant Modeling Consortium)
- Physik Mathematik Chemie (German: Physics Chemistry Mathematics)
- Piano Master Class (various locations)
- Pierce Mattie Communications (New York)
- Pierson Medical Center
- Pine Manor College (Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts)
- Pioneer Memorial Church (Berrien Springs, MI)
- Planet Minecraft (gaming forum)
- Planning Ministers Council (Australia)
- Plano Molding Company (est. 1932; Plano, IL)
- Plant Modeling Consortium (formerly Physical Modeling Consortium)
- Plastic & Metal Center Inc
- Platform Management Center (Sprint)
- Playmore Corporation
- Plumbing Mechanical Contractors (association)
- Pod Music Countdown
- Pointwise Multigroup Converter
- Pokémon Mystery Club (anime)
- Polar Mesospheric Clouds
- Pole Maintenance Company, LLC (Columbus, NE)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to STARS, the NRCS Brooksville Plant Materials Center and the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences (IFAS) worked on this long-term effort.
Cooperators are hot-linked to places where they work--like an arboretum, a botanical garden, a state experiment station, or a plant materials center operated by NRCS," says Ovrom.
The ARS researchers worked with colleagues from USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Plant Materials Center at Meeker, Colorado; USDA's Forest Service; the State of Utah; and Colorado and Utah State Universities.
Those will be maintained at Beaver, and the original collection will be planted at the new USDA-NRCS Plant Materials Center near Alderson, West Virginia.