uk TRAVELLERS planning day trips to London over Easter could be stuck on trains for up to seven hours, due to planned engineering works at an English station.
What does PEW stand for?
PEW stands for Planned Engineering Work (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PEW
We have 24 other meanings of PEW in our Acronym Attic
- Power Enrichment Vacuum Regulator
- Primary Emergency Vehicle Route (Reno, NV)
- Pre-primary Education Voucher Scheme (Hong Kong)
- Pulmonary Extravascular Water Content
- Panasonic Electric Works (various locations)
- Passive Electronic Warfare
- Percussion Welding
- Perfect Electric Wall
- Peshawar, Pakistan - Peshawar (Airport Code)
- Pink Eyed White (Albino rat)
- Process Equipment Waste
- Production Evaluation Worksheet
- Project Estimate Worksheet
- White Perch (FAO fish species code)
- Panasonic Electric Works Automation Control (Shanghai, China)
- Private Eye Writers of America
- Pacific Electric Wire and Cable Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)
- Pan European Wiccan Convention
- Ponders End Wargaming Club (gaming)
- Platoon-level Early Warning Device
Samples in periodicals archive:
The planned engineering work on the railways included disruption on the West Coast line run by Virgin Trains.
These will be completed by early December through planned engineering works on Sundays.
A spokesman for Northern Rail said the problem was partly caused by planned engineering work and crew sickness, but said services would be back to normal today.
Emirates admitted last week that it had suspended A380 services, initially stating simply that planned engineering work had overrun.
The spokesman said: "I can confirm that the bus was a replacement service run by a small operator that we occasionally use when the Metro is suspended for planned engineering work.
Planned engineering work in the Severn Tunnel has been postponed, and train operators are doubling the number of services from Paddington to Cardiff on the day.