The building stood in for a London museum in the 2009 special Planet of the Dead.
What does POTD stand for?
POTD stands for Planet of the Dead (Doctor Who Episode)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of POTD
We have 3 other meanings of POTD in our Acronym Attic
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- President Of The Company
- Problems of the 21st Century (high school subject)
- Protection of the Cabbage (Everquest, gaming)
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (movie)
- Pirates of the Carribean Online (online multiplayer game)
- People of the Dragon (the Aiel in Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time)
- Picture of the Day
- Plan of the Day
- Planet of the Drums (musician alliance)
- Player of the Day
- Poem of the Day
- Poll of the Day
- Post Of The Day
- Power of the Duelist (card game)
- Prayer of the Day
- Procession of the Dead (book by D. B. Shan Darren Shan)
- Putting on the Dog (marketing company; Woodbury, MN)
- Polarization-Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer
Samples in periodicals archive:
OTHER DOCTOR WHO GUEST STARS Stand-up comedian Lee Evans featured in Planet of the Dead as Welsh scientist Malcolm Taylor in the Doctor Who Easter 2009 special.
RELIVE all of the excitement of David Tennant's final adventures as the timelord with this five-disc box set which includes,The Next Doctor, Planet Of The Dead, The Waters Of Mars and The End Of Time, Parts 1 & 2, which screened over Christmas and New Year and saw the doctor battle against The Master (John Simm) one last time before his eagerly awaited regeneration.
DOCTOR WHO: PLANET OF THE DEAD *** PG MICHELLE Ryan joins David Tennant in the feature-length Easter special, pitting the Timelord against a deadly new enemy.
Nine million viewers saw Planet of the Dead on Saturday, when the Doctor kissed the pretty jewel thief after a bus trip to an alien planet.
Perhaps she should also have mentioned Gareth Roberts, because he co-wrote Planet of the Dead with Davies.
Byline: GRAHAM YOUNG DOCTOR WHO - PLANET OF THE DEAD (BBC1, 6.