I noticed that the quartz grains in the rock had unusual planar deformation features that indicated either it had been exposed to extreme tectonic pressure or a large asteroid impact," the Courier Mail quotes Uysal as saying.
What does PDF stand for?
PDF stands for Planar Deformation Feature (geoscience)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDF
We have 1309 other meanings of PDF in our Acronym Attic
- Pepito Domination Force
- Percival David Foundation (London, UK)
- Periodic Density Functional (theory)
- Peritoneal Dialysis Fluid
- Permanent Defence Force (Irish Army)
- Personal Data Form
- Personal Democracy Forum
- Personnel Deployment Function
- Petri Net Definition File (mathematical modeling)
- Pittsburgh Dialogue Foundation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Shock effects are also present throughout the sample in the form of undulose extinction, irregular and planar fractures, slight mosaic patterns, and planar deformation features in orthopyroxene.