1789: Some of the crew of the HMS Bounty, led by Fletcher Christian, mutinied in the Friendly Islands in the South Seas, sailing for the Pitcairn Islands.
What does PCN stand for?
PCN stands for Pitcairn Islands (ISO Country code)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PCN
We have 160 other meanings of PCN in our Acronym Attic
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Personal Communication Network
- Personal Computer Network
- Personnel Certification in Non-Destructive Testing
- Personnel Control Number
- Philadelphia Construction News
- Physics and Chemistry of Nanostructures
- Physics Computer Network (Purdue University; West Lafayette, IN)
- Pilipino Cultural Night
- Pimicikamak Cree Nation (Canada)
- Planning Change Notice
- Plano de Continuidade de Negócios (Portugese: Business Continuity Plan)
- Point Comfort and Northern (railroad)
- Point de Contact National (French: National Contact Point; various locations)
- PointCast Network
- Police Cantonale de Neuchâtel (Switzerland)
- Policy Criteria Notice
- Polychlorinated Naphthalene
- Polychlorinated Naphthalenes
- Porsche Club of Netherlands
Samples in periodicals archive:
1789: The crew of the HMS Bounty, led by Fletcher Christian, mutinied in the Friendly Islands in the South Seas, sailing for the Pitcairn Islands.
Unless you're a very early riser by the time you get this most of the rest of the world will probably have had their New Year - you can see the good people of the Pitcairn Islands enjoy the switch from 2013 to 2014 at 8am our time if you like.
He has previously served as Governor of the Pitcairn Islands and high commissioner to New Zealand and Samoa.
The partnership kicks off with an expedition to the Pitcairn Islands (UK territory) in the Pacific Ocean.
I've travelled to remote countries or dependent territories and one of them is Pitcairn islands which is the most remote country in the world," he said.
The task force will kill every single one of the rodents on British-controlled Henderson Island, part of the Pitcairn Islands, to save an endangered seabird from extinction.
Music, Dance and Cultural Heritage on Norfolk and Pitcairn Islands.