Unless you like truly dramatic scenery, air so pure you want to bottle it and, like me, have always wanted to find out why that Monty Python parrot was pining for the fjords.
What does PFTF stand for?
PFTF stands for Pining for the Fjords (Monty Python)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PFTF
We have 6 other meanings of PFTF in our Acronym Attic
- Primary Fallopian Tube Carcinoma
- Zhejiang Pinghu Foreign Trade Co, Ltd (China)
- Portland Federation of Teachers and Classified Employees (labor union)
- Permanent Full-Time Equivalent
- Personal Fitness Trainer Examination (National Board of Fitness Examiners; Jacksonville, FL)
- Platelet Function Test, Epinephrine (lab test)
- Portable Field Trainer Evaluator
- Post Fielding Training Effectiveness Analysis
- Primary Fallopian Tube Endometrioid Carcinoma
- Play for the Flag (Xbox game)
- Program for the Future
- Project Face to Face (AIDS awareness)
- Propulsion Flight Test Fixture (US NASA)
- Pyrococcus Furiosus Transcription Factor B
- Pre-Filing and Technical Guidance (Large and Mid-Size Busines Division; US IRS)
- Partnership for the Homeless (New York, NY)
- Parsons-Fein Training Institute for Psychotherapy and Hypnosis (New York, NY)
- Puradyn Filter Technologies Inc. (Boynton Beach, FL)
- Particle Flow and Tribology Laboratory (Carnegie Mellon University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Davis pining for the fjords AWAY from the awards season, The Dikler hears that snooker legend Steve Davis will be ruing his first-round exit from the UK Championship at Telford even more than normal.
Byline: Trude Mostue Vets In Practice star TRUDE MOSTUE has been pining for the fjords - so she took a cruise around some of northern Norway's most breathtaking scenery I HAVE lived in Britain for almost 12 years and I must confess that on and off I have been pining for the Norwegian fjords.
Chelsea took us for a waltz by the Danube in Bratislava and left us pining for the fjords in the teeth of an Arctic blizzard in Tromso.
Spurs manager Gerry Francis was well satisfied with his new signing's impact - and revealed how he spent six months pining for the Fjords before completing the Iversen deal.