A University of Oregon senior, Holmes organized a road trip with seven of his fraternity brothers from Sigma Phi Epsilon, starting in Eugene and ending up on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota where they spent nearly a week making life more bearable for some of the poorest people in the United States.
What does PRIR stand for?
PRIR stands for Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (South Dakota)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PRIR
- Past Rotary International President (civic club)
- Pattern Recognition and Image Processing
- Performance Related Incentive Program
- Plant Replacement and Improvement Program (Army Corps of Engineers)
- Prion - Related Protein
- Provincial and Rural Infrastructure Project (Cambodia)
- Public Relation & Image Promotion
- Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy (San Francisco, CA)
- Pacific Region Industrial Relations (mailing list)
- Personal Binaural Impulse Response (audio processor)
- Primitive Irish (linguistics)
- Passenger Rail Investment Reform Act (US Department of Transportation)
- Patients Right to Independent Review Act (Michigan)
- Primary Router
- Phoenix Resource Interface System
- Power Rangers in Space
- Power Rangers in Space (TV Show)
- Power Reactor Information System (IAEA)
- Project Records Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 Paperback GF50 Four anthropologists from the US and Australia, and a wildlife biologist from the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota make a case for the utility of collaborative natural resource management partnerships between indigenous communities and government agencies, particularly in protected natural areas.
Although micro-lending on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation following the Grameen Bank's group lending process has been suspended, other micro-lending processes continue.
Glover sets us on a path of discovery to ground us in living at one time on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
On June 30, the Oglala Sioux Tribal Council voted 9-5 to impeach tribal President Cecilia Fire Thunder for proposing an abortion clinic on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation without Council approval.
Hope Amidst Poverty The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation has been, and continues to be, ground zero for America's complex relationship with its indigenous peoples.
The album starts in 1492 with the arrival of Christopher Columbus and ends in 1975 with the shootout on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation that left three people dead and resulted in Leonard Peltier's imprisonment.