The artist served with the Women's Auxiliary Air Force as a flight officer in a photographic reconnaissance unit during the war.
What does PRU stand for?
PRU stands for Photographic Reconnaissance Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PRU
We have 58 other meanings of PRU in our Acronym Attic
- Pararescue Unit (US DoD)
- Partially Row Uniform
- Passavant Roediger Umvelttechnik GmbH
- Patient Referral Unit (psychiatric)
- Pay Research Unit (United Kingdom)
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit (Kennedy Krieger Institute)
- Peripheral Resistance Unit
- Personal Recording Unit
- Personnel Readiness Unit
- Photo-Reconnaissance Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
He then volunteered to join the Photographic Reconnaissance Unit (PRU), a somewhat maverick organisation that suited Fairhurst's temperament and sense of adventure.
But his identity - like those of all members of the RAF's elite Photographic Reconnaissance Unit - was kept secret.