He already holds 143 such accolades - including British Press Photographer of the Year (four times), Royal Photographer of the Year (seven times), Royal Photographer of the Decade (twice) and World Press News Feature Photographer of the Year.
What does POTY stand for?
POTY stands for Photographer of the Year (award)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of POTY
We have 1 other meaning of POTY in our Acronym Attic
- Post of the Week
- President of the World
- Princess of the World (Barbie dolls)
- Problem of the Week (education)
- Project of the Week
- Publicly Operated Treatment Work
- Publicly Owned Treatment Works
- Punisher of the Weak (gaming website)
- Passion of the Young (festival)
- Person of the Year
- Picture of the Year (photojournalism contest)
- Player of the Year (various organizations)
- Playmate of the Year
- Post of the Year
- Potyvirus Group
- Preferred Optimum Temperature Zone (veterinary science)
- Pay Own Utilities (used in housing advertisements)
- Petrick Outsourcing Unlimited, Inc.
- Philosophy of Use
- Point of Unusability (equipment maintenance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the first time there are also two awards for photographers and the Post's Edward Whitaker has received nominations both for Photographer of the Year and Picture of the Year.
Shots by 16-year-old Jathin Premjith appear alongside some of the most promising amateurs and professionals in the field in the Astronomy Photographer of the Year book.
Author: Bejay Browne A PAPHOS photographer has been awarded the global worldwide bridal portrait photographer of the year 2011 at a ceremony held in London.
AN image of Corfe Castle on a frosty morning has scooped the top prize in this year's Landscape Photographer of the Year award,it was announced today.