ARTICLE INFO Keywords: Cryptotanshinone Salvia miltiorrhiza Absorption P-glycoprotein inhibitor Interaction HPLC Everted rat gut sacs ABSTRACT Ciyptotanshinone, derived from the roots of Salvia miltiorrhiza Bge and Salvia przewalskii Maxim, is the major active component and possesses significant antibacterial, antidermatophytic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anticancer activities.
What does Pgp stand for?
Pgp stands for Phosphorylated Glycoprotein (biology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Pgp
We have 115 other meanings of Pgp in our Acronym Attic
- Past Grand Patriarch (IOOF)
- Paternal Grandparent (various organizations)
- Payment Gateway Provider (electronic commerce)
- Pearl of Great Price
- Pelvic Girdle Pain
- People's Green Party (politics; India)
- Perforated Ground Plane
- Personal Genome Project (Harvard Medical School)
- Personal Growth Plan
- Pfizer Global Pharmaceuticals
- Physician Group Practice (Medicare)
- Physics of Geological Processes
- Post Graduate Programme (India)
- Power Generation Plant (various locations)
- Power Generation Platform
- Pre Game Poop
- Preemptive Goal Programming
- Preferred Gender Pronoun (liguistics)
- Presentation of Grouped Procedures (medical imaging)
- Pretty Good Pigeons
Samples in periodicals archive:
The experimental treatment method allows small therapeutic agents to safely cross the blood-brain barrier in laboratory rats by turning off P-glycoprotein, one of the main gatekeepers preventing medicinal drugs from reaching their intended targets in the brain.
This study was made in a genetically-modified cell model of the blood-brain barrier that contains high levels of the transporter P-glycoprotein.
P-glycoprotein expression in the blood-brain barrier is also affected in patients with brain metastases.
At the end of 12 weeks, the researchers killed half of the animals in order to measure intestinal expression of the membrane efflux transporter P-glycoprotein (PGP), and of the cytochrome P-450 (CYP) metabolism system.
Interestingly, the loss of p-glycoprotein in the knockout mouse resulted in serious Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) IBD is thought to be due to a dysregulated immune response to the toxis produced by the microbiota of the gastrointestinal tract; Past studies have ruled out CD8(+) T cells as the cause of IBD and it is theorized that another subset of T cells, CD4(+) T cells, is responsible for this disease.
0-[infinity]] was obtained due to the interaction between the orange juice and levofloxacin at the intestinal transport system, and it may involve identified mechanisms such as P-glycoprotein or organic anion-transporting polypeptides (OATP) in the gastrointestinal tract in combination with some mild chelation interaction.