Each became interested in the work of the other, and now the two are pairing up to screen patients' blood samples for mutations in the phospholamban protein.
What does PLB stand for?
PLB stands for Phospholamban (cardiac calcium regulation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PLB
We have 63 other meanings of PLB in our Acronym Attic
- Pennsylvania League of Angling Youth (est. 1981)
- People of Leather Among You (Los Angeles, CA)
- Positive Leisure Activities for Youth (Canada)
- Project Literacy Among Youth
- Promoting Lifetime Activity for Youth (Arizona Department of Public Health)
- Parti Louvri Baryé (French: Open the Gate Party, Haiti)
- Passenger Loading Bridge (airport)
- Patrick Lew Band
- Payload Bay
- Personal Locator Beacon (see SARBE)
- Pipe Lay Barge
- Planning and Landing Bureau (Hong Kong)
- Planning and Lands Bureau (Hong Kong)
- Plattsburgh, NY, USA (Airport Code)
- Polabian (linguistics)
- Posterior Lateral Branch (cardiology)
- Power Line Broadband (FCC)
- Premier League Board (Ghana)
- Privacy and Legislation Branch (Office of the Government Chief Information Officer; Canada)
- Private Label Branch
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is notable that many of the genes identified by GWASs for these subphenotypes of cardiac or electrical conductance include those for ion channels or proteins that regulate the intracellular concentrations of electrolytes, such as phospholamban for calcium.
8,29) Some of the commonly mutated genes causing the AD type of familial DCM include lamin A/C, betamyosin heavy chain, alphamyosin heavy chain, actin, alpha-actinin-2, metavinculin, desmin, sarcoglycan, troponin T, alpha-tropomyosin, titin and phospholamban.
Chien says that phospholamban acts as a brake on the normal ebb and flow of calcium that drives heart contractions.