Different physiological parameters (plasma glucose and insulin levels, lipoproteins-cholesterol levels, phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK), 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase (HMG CoA reductase) and isolated aorta relaxation of both species were measured and compared.
What does PEPCK stand for?
PEPCK stands for Phosphoenolpyruvate Carboxykinase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of PEPCK in our Acronym Attic
- Procurement, Engineering, procurement and Construction
- Project Exports Promotion Council (India)
- Promotion of Effective Perinatal Care (WHO)
- Protein Expression, Purification and Crystallisation (Laboratory)
- Public Education and Participation Committee
- Publishers Electronic Printings Concepts (Netherlands)
- Purdue Electric Power Center
- Perinatal Education Program for Community Hospitals
- Pharmacokinetics of Enoxaparin in PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention; study)
- Protocol for Exchange of Policy Information
- Pepck, Cytosolic
- Pakistan Electric Power Company
- Philosophy Elder Program of Colorado (University of Colorado)
- Potomac Electric Power Company (Washington, DC, USA)
- Professional Electric Products Company
- Paroxysmal Extreme Pain Disorder
- Peptidase D
- Physical Education Professional Development Program (California State Senate)
- Physics Early Professional Development (online discussion list; Institute of Physics)
- Positive Expiratory Pressure Device
Samples in periodicals archive:
Transcripts for phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (Pepck) and glucose 6-phosphatase (G6pase), which encode gluconeogenic enzymes, were also significantly reduced in the liver of KO mice (Figure 2C).
2001) Metabolic consequences of altered phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase activity in Corynebacterium glutamicum reveal anaplerotic regulation mechanisms in vivo, Metabolic Engineering 3: 344-361.
After 24 h of anoxia, the activities of pyruvate kinase (PK), phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK), and cytochrome c oxidase (CCO), and catalase (CAT) were measured in the digestive gland and adductor muscle from Cd-treated mussels.
13 TZDs decrease FA release from adipose tissue by increasing FFA re-esterification via the induction of both phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK), a regulatory enzyme of glyceroneogenesis, and glycerol kinase.
Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK), the rate-limiting enzyme in gluconeogenesis, is present in the foetus, but its activity increases markedly after birth, probably as a result of the decrease in the insulin/glucagon ratio (13).
Lee MH and Nowak T: Phosphorus-31 nuclear relaxation rate studies of the nucleotides on phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase.
Oxidative and chemical stress mimic insulin by selectively inhibiting the expression of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase in hepatoma cells.