Instead, our focus is on the most commonly used speech tests in clinical practice: the speech reception threshold (SRT) of spondee words, the word recognition score (WRS) of phonetically balanced words, most comfortable loudness (MCL), and uncomfortable loudness (UCL).
What does PB stand for?
PB stands for Phonetically Balanced
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PB
We have 82 other meanings of PB in our Acronym Attic
- Perkins Bacon, Ltd. (stamp printers, Great Britain)
- Peroneus Brevis (muscle)
- Personal Barometer (domestic water consumption calculation application)
- Personal Base (station)
- Personal Best (athletic record)
- Personal Business
- Petabyte (1,024 terabytes)
- Phantom Brave (movie, gaming)
- Pharmacopoeia Britannica
- Phenobarbital (drug)
Samples in periodicals archive:
 Discrimination of phonetically balanced monosyllables was improved significantly in 18 of the 19 patients and reached 100% in 14 patients (preoperative: 4 patients).