Among the three mobile operators, Sun Cellular (acquired by incumbent PLDT Philippine Long Distance Telecommunications in 1Q11 but still operating under own brand) and Globe Telecom were able to attract some postpaid subscribers, adding respectively 90 000 and 81 000 postpaid customers in the quarter.
What does PLDT stand for?
PLDT stands for Philippine Long Distance Telecommunications (est. 1928; Makati City, Philippines)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PLDT
- Passive Lightning Detection System
- Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions
- Pilot Land Data System
- Pipeline Leak Detection System
- Post-Lyme Disease Syndrome
- Power-Law Differencing Scheme
- Professional Legal Document Services, Inc. (California)
- Public Library Data Service (statistical report)
- Phospholipase D from Streptomyces Chromofuscus
- Philippine Long Distance and Telephone (est. 1928)
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company
- Public Library Development Team (Madison, WI)
- PacketLink Environment
- Page Life Expectancy
- Paiela Airport (Papua New Guinea)
- Panel of Legal Experts
- Papeterie les Entreprises (French: Stationery Enterprises; Canada)
- Participatory Learning Exercise
- Peak Luminance Enhancement (NEC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
INTERNET BUSINESS NEWS-(C)1995-2009 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD Collaboration between Cisco (Nasdaq:CSCO), a network technologies company, the Philippine Long Distance Telecommunications Co (PLDT), a Philippine telecomms provider, and Tata Communications, a provider of communications services, will result in the first public Cisco TelePresence service in the Philippines.
46 Philippine Long Distance Telecommunications 1568.