For 19 hours, the Philadelphia Fire Department fought this fire until 10 automatic sprinkler heads finally extinguished it," the Firefighting publication Fire Engineering noted years later.
What does PFD stand for?
PFD stands for Philadelphia Fire Department
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PFD
We have 123 other meanings of PFD in our Acronym Attic
- Patron Fare Display
- Pelvic Floor Disorder
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Penticton Fire Department
- Permanent Fund Dividend
- Personal Flotation Device
- Personal, Fatigue and Delay
- Pfund (German: Pounds)
- Phase Frequency Detector (electronics)
- Phase Frequency Discriminator
- Phoenix Fire Department (Phoenix, AZ)
- Physical Facilities Department
- Physical Fitness Diagnostic (US Air Force ROTC)
- Pittsburgh Fire Department
- Plandome Fire Department (Plandome, NY)
- Plug Flow with Dispersion (environmental science)
- Policy Formulation Division (DCAA)
- Polyostotic Fibrous Dysplasia
- Portland Fire Department
- Power Flux Density (electrical engineering)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I found out that the Philadelphia Fire Department had me under surveillance: Zwerling says.
Louis and Philadelphia fire departments over the course of eighty years seems an extraordinary amount of work for so little pay-off, but it does give this book its old "new social history" credentials.