The samples were initially subjected to automatic pre-column derivatization with a phenylisothiocyanate (PITC) .
What does PITC stand for?
PITC stands for Phenylisothiocyanate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PITC
We have 8 other meanings of PITC in our Acronym Attic
- Pacific Inland Tariff Bureau (Portland, OR)
- Pain in the Brain
- Pain In The Butt
- Pass It to Bulis (Vancouver Canucks hockey blog; Vancouver, Canada)
- Pepper in the Brandy (band)
- Playin' in the Band
- Poetry in the Branches
- Punjab Information Technology Board
- Put It in Their Back Yard
- Perak Integrated Timber Complex (Malaysia)
- Philippine International Trading Corporation
- Plumbing Industy Training Center
- Population Independent Transmission Control (computer networking)
- Posterior Inferior Temporal Cortex
- Power Information Technology Company (Pakistan)
- Primary Industries Training Council (now Food, Fibre and Timber Industries Training Council WA Inc.; Australia)
- Program for Infant/Toddler Care (California Department of Education and WestEd; Sausalito, CA)
- Provider-Initiated Testing and Counseling (health care)
- Predictors Influencing the Change in Health (Australia)
- Principal, Interest, Taxes, Condo fees, Heat (mortgage application/qualification)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cystine was determined as cysteic acid and methionine as methionine sulfone after preoxidation with performic acid and pre-column derivation using phenylisothiocyanate (L-8800 Hitachi Automatic Amino Acid Analyzer, Tokyo, Japan).
Next, 7:1:1:1 ethanol: TEA: water: phenylisothiocyanate were added and reactions proceeded for 20 min under NZ atmosphere.
This system uses a biotin-labeled oligonucleotide probe detected with an avidin-biotin phenylisothiocyanate system for signal amplification.
Cystine was determined as cysteic acid and methinonine as methionine sulfone after preoxidation with performic acid and precolumn derivation using phenylisothiocyanate (L-8800 Hitachi Automatic Amino Acid Analyzer, Tokyo, Japan).
Amino acid analysis of physiological fluid by high-performance liquid chromatography with phenylisothiocyanate derivatization and comparison with ion-exchange chromatography.
The more usual methods involve precolumn derivatization with phenylisothiocyanate (PITC) (11,12) or o-phthalaldehyde (OPA) (7,13).
Determination of phenylisothiocyanate derivatives of amphetamine and its analogues in biological fluids by HPLC-APCI-MS or DAD.