Chocolate Cocoa contains the chemical phenylethylamine, a stimulant that conjures subtle feelings of well-being and excitement.
What does PEA stand for?
PEA stands for Phenylethylamine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PEA
We have 236 other meanings of PEA in our Acronym Attic
- Pacific Energy Associates, Inc.
- Palestine Energy Authority
- Palestinian Engineers Association
- Palmitoylethanolamide (endogenous fatty acid amide)
- Parliamentary Elections Act (various locations)
- Peace Establishment Authority
- Performance Evaluation Audit
- Personal Email Assistant
- Personal Energy Absorber (fall protection)
- Personalized Email Account (University of Texas at Dallas)
- Phillips Exeter Academy (secondary school)
- Phoenix East Aviation (flight school; Florida)
- PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) Extend Association (computer language forum)
- Plan d'Epargne en Actions (French stock thrift)
- Planning Emphasis Area
- Planning Enabling Act (various locations)
- Please Ensure Attendance
- Plymouth Education Association (Plymouth, IN)
- Población Económicamente Activa (Spanish: Economically Active Population; economics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The scent carries two chemicals - phenylethylamine (the "love drug") and yohimbine, an aphrodisiac, to give the maze an irresistible appeal.
It's packed with phenylethylamine, which can "activate the brain's pleasure centers.
It's scientific fact that chocolate contains phenylethylamine, a substance which is released naturally into the body when we're in love.
This treat contains phenylethylamine, known to increase the activity of neurotransmitters in parts of the brain that control your ability to pay attention and stay alert.
It's a known stimulant," Vriens said, referring to phenylethylamine.