In both studies, they used 7 years of combined data (1999-2005) for Medicare beneficiaries from two Middle Atlantic States, who qualified for pharmaceutical assistance programs, to look at the relative risk for a specific cardiovascular event, (heart attack, stroke, heart failure, revascularization, and out-of-hospital cardiac death), a gastrointestinal (GI) event (upper or lower bleeding, or bowel obstruction), acute kidney injury, liver toxicity, bone fractures, and three composite safety measures (cardiovascular event, fracture, and GI tract bleeding).
What does PAP stand for?
PAP stands for Pharmaceutical Assistance Program (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PAP
We have 456 other meanings of PAP in our Acronym Attic
- Perfect Active Participle (grammar)
- Performance Assessment Plan
- Performance Assurance Plan
- Performance Assurance Procedures
- Peroxidase-Antiperoxidase smear test (medical term)
- Personal Articles Policy (insurance)
- Personal Auto Policy
- Personnel Assistance Point
- Personnel Assurance Program
- Peruvian Aprista Party
- Pharmacy Administration and Practice
- Pharmacy Assistance Program
- Philosophical Association of the Philippines (Philippines)
- Phosphatidic Acid Phosphatase
- Physical Activity Program (various locations)
- Physician Assistant Program (various locations)
- Picture and Picture
- Placental Alkaline Phosphatase (biology)
- Plant Administrative Procedure
- Plasma Arc Pyrolysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
It does so through a joint state/federal program called the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) and the state-funded State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program (SPAP).
He was responsible for all aspects of government contracting including Medicaid, State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (SPAP), and State Supplemental Programs.
medical officer with the CMS Center for Beneficiary Choices told the council that there are circumstances in which out-of-pocket expenses would be covered: Payments made by qualified state pharmaceutical assistance programs toward copays or other cost sharing would count toward true out-of-pocket expenses, for example, in terms of reaching the $3,600 out-of-pocket limit before reinsurance, he said.
medical officer with the CMS Center for Beneficiary Choices told the council that there are circumstances in which out-of-pocket expenses would be covered: Payments made by qualified state pharmaceutical assistance programs toward copays or other cost-sharing would count toward true out-of-pocket expenses, for example, in terms of reaching the $3,600 out-of-pocket limit before reinsurance, he said.
Fully state-funded State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (SPAP), qualified drug-company patient assistance programs, family help and donations from private organizations (including charities) count as TROOP, but any help from AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAP) does not [as of October 2005--there are efforts to change this].
We obtained data from two state pharmaceutical assistance programs for the elderly on the usual and customary prices reported by retail pharmacies for selected drugs.