Chromatographic fractionation of the petroleum ether extract of the stem bark afforded D:A-friedo-oleanan-3-one (1), D:A-friedo-oleanan-3[beta]-ol (2) and [beta]-sitosterol (3).
What does PET stand for?
PET stands for Petroleum Ether
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PET
We have 367 other meanings of PET in our Acronym Attic
- Performance Evaluation Tool
- Permanent Engaged Tone
- Personal Electronic Thingy
- Personal Electronic Transactor (early Commodore PC)
- Personal Terminal (MegaMan, gaming)
- Persuasion Emotion and Trust
- Pet Energy Therapy
- Peten (Guatemala territorial division)
- Peter (New Testament)
- Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (journal)
- Phase Elapsed Time
- Phase Emission Tomography
- Photoinduced Electron Transfer
- Physical Education Teacher (various schools)
- Physical Education Training (various schools)
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau (former Canadian Prime Minister)
- Piezo-Electric Transducer
- Piezoelectric Transformer
- Pile Echo Tester (system for testing piles/shafts/deep foundations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the different fractions, the petroleum ether fraction and dichloromethane fraction at doses of 150, 300, and 600 mg/kg showed significant antidepressant-like activities in dose-dependent manners, by means of behavioral models of depression.
GC-MS of Trachyspermum ammi extract and its petroleum ether fraction Constituents of crude extract were analyzed by GCMS-QP2010 plus, which have RtxR gas chromatograph column (SLB 60 m x ID 0.
Wash hair swatches and extract them with petroleum ether and ethanol to remove any inherent lipids present.
indicus were extracted by percolation with ethanol (polar solvent), chloroform (medium polar solvent) and petroleum ether (non polar solvent) at the rate of 1:5 at room temperature for overnight (Geyid et al.
The result of phytochemical screening of different extracts ( petroleum ether extract, chloroform extract, methanol extract, ethanol extract) revealed that ,carbohydrates, glycosides, phenolic compounds like flavonoids, saponins, and phytosterols were present in leaf extract which is tabulated in Table-1.
Abstract In this study, the chemical composition of the oil extracted with petroleum ether from purpleblow maple (Acer truncatum) seeds was examined.