Fox News even reported on a banner, hung in late March in the state's capital, threatening death to civilians in Peten and signed by Z200.
What does PET stand for?
PET stands for Peten (Guatemala territorial division)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PET
We have 367 other meanings of PET in our Acronym Attic
- Peak Engine Torque
- Performance Evaluation Team
- Performance Evaluation Test
- Performance Evaluation Tool
- Permanent Engaged Tone
- Personal Electronic Thingy
- Personal Electronic Transactor (early Commodore PC)
- Personal Terminal (MegaMan, gaming)
- Persuasion Emotion and Trust
- Pet Energy Therapy
- Peter (New Testament)
- Petroleum Ether
- Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (journal)
- Phase Elapsed Time
- Phase Emission Tomography
- Photoinduced Electron Transfer
- Physical Education Teacher (various schools)
- Physical Education Training (various schools)
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau (former Canadian Prime Minister)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To many, it appeared plausible that Guzman could be hiding in Peten since he had been arrested in 1993 on Guatemalan soil by President Otto Perez Molina, who was then head of the Direccion de Inteligencia Militar.
Rodolfo Rivera, an allspice producer, notes that "The National Council of Protected Areas (CONAP) raised the tax because before the trees were only produced in Peten and were considered an endangered species, but they are now grown elsewhere and already out of danger.
We have not found a defined architectural style at San Claudio, but a strong influence of Peten is present; there are battered bases with rounded corners," he said.
Some Peten residents side with the handful of international development experts who cast the ecotourism idea as a misbegotten colonialist effort to strip Guatemalans of their jobs working the land, forcing them to drive buses and change bedsheets in tourist hotels.