Such a device can work at 1 petahertz, while the processor of today's computer runs slightly faster than at 3 gigahertz.
What does PHz stand for?
PHz stands for Petahertz (10^15 Hertz)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHz
We have 1 other meaning of PHz in our Acronym Attic
- Physical Education
- Physics Review Letters (periodical)
- Physics-Inspired Paradigms in Wireless Communications and Networks
- Physical Security
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Phytoremediation/Biotechnology Solutions for Spills (Environmental Technology Centre program, Canada government)
- Pepper Huasteco yellow vein virus
- Paedagogische Hochschule Zentralschweiz (German: Pedagogical University of Central Switzerland; Lucerne, Switzerland)
- People in the Hazard Zone (natural disaster management)
- [not an acronym] name for Greek symbol representing the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter; approximately 3.1416
- Blood Clotting
- International Protocol
- Ionized Phosphorus
- Isoelectric Point (chemistry)
- Istiqlal Party (Independence Party, Morocco)
- Pacific Institute
- Pacific Internet (Internet Service Provider)
- Package Insert (medications)
- Packet Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
To create the oscillations, the researchers plan to use a laser operating at petahertz frequencies - 10 (15) oscillations per second - to boost the nucleus of a thorium 229 ion into a higher energy state.
Petahertz is a unit of measure for very fast frequencies (1 quadrillion hertz).