AHVLA officials did not give figures but they have no doubt puppy trafficking has boomed since strict laws under the Pet Travel Scheme were relaxed in January.
What does PETS stand for?
PETS stands for Pet Travel Scheme
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PETS
We have 63 other meanings of PETS in our Acronym Attic
- Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited
- Petrophysical Evaluation Report (oil exploration)
- Poverty Elimination Through Rice Research Assistance
- Packaged Equity Trust Securities
- Paediatric Emergency Transfer Service (UK)
- Payload Environmental Transporation System (US NASA)
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Software :-)
- Performance Evaluation and Tracking System (US DoD)
- Personal Electronic Teller of Stories (robotic system)
- Pet Evacuation and Transportation Standards Act
- Photographic Equipment Test System
- Pi Eta Technological Support (Pi Eta Consulting Company; Singapore)
- Plain Enhanced Telephone Service
- Portable Engineering Test Station
- Positive Encounter Tactical System (gaming, Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter PS2)
- Premier Executive Transport Services (airline)
- President Elects Training Seminar (Rotary International)
- Prior to Expiration of Term of Service
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium
- Procedures for Evaluating Technical Specifications
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gypsy is registered on the Pet Travel Scheme database so he has travelled here from Germany at some point.
Contact the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) through Defra's helpline on 0870 241 1710, e-mail helpline@defra.
The airline was accepted under the UK Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) approved Pet Travel Scheme earlier in 2009 to carry assistance dogs on European flights to and from Birmingham and Southampton International Airports.
Six years ago, flying with a pet would have been mission impossible, but the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS), introduced by the Government in February 2000, puts paid to that.
Turkey is not listed as one of the approved countries under the Pet Travel Scheme, and as such in order for an owner to take their pets to Turkey and bring them back into the UK, the animal would need to firstly comply with Turkey's pet import requirements, and on arrival back in the UK the animal would have to enter quarantine for six months.
The company will recommend the best choices for dog-owners, as well as advise on Pet Travel Scheme.
Thus, to prevent this parasite from spreading, measures such as those used by the Pet Travel Scheme of the United Kingdom should be applied to ensure that dogs from disease-endemic areas are pretreated before entry to the main island of Japan.