If he is tasked to perform duties as the personal security detachment (PSD) NCOIC for the command group, he is still rated as the mortar section leader, with additional duties as a security detachment NCOIC.
What does PSD stand for?
PSD stands for Personal Security Detachment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PSD
We have 442 other meanings of PSD in our Acronym Attic
- Passive Sampling Device(s)
- Passive Solar Design (buildings)
- Pattern Standard Deviation (glaucoma testing)
- Pawtucket School Department (Pawtucket, RI)
- Payment Services Directive (EU)
- Pediatric Spectrum of HIV Disease
- Pennridge School District (Perkasie, Pa)
- Pennsylvania School for the Deaf
- Personal and Social Development
- Personal Secure Drive
- Personnel Service Directorate
- Personnel Service Division
- Personnel Support Activity Detachment (US Navy)
- Personnel Support Detachment
- Pesticides Safety Directorate (UK)
- Petal School District (Petal, Mississippi)
- Pharmaceutical Services Division (various organizations)
- Phase Sensitive Detector (lock-in amplifier)
- Phase Space Density
- Philadelphia School District (Philadelphia, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rather than sitting on a hilltop with radios, Soldiers on the RETRANS team found themselves as an integral part of the brigade commander's personal security detachment.
Augmented force protection guards, personal security detachments, and route clearance packages.
If you don't speak up when you see something, you just killed somebody," said SSG Jeffery Marjerrison, section sergeant of the Personal Security Detachment.
US troops capture about 10 Iraqis who are believed to have been members of Saddam Hussein's personal security detachment during a raid on a house in the former dictator's hometown of Tikrit.