Personal Digital Assistant The term "personal digital assistant" was coined in 1992 by John Sculley in reference to the Apple Newton from Apple Computer Inc.
What does PDA stand for?
PDA stands for Personal Digital Assistant (electronic handheld information device)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PDA
We have 524 other meanings of PDA in our Acronym Attic
- Period-Doubling Analysis
- Perry Davis Associates
- Persistent Ductus Arteriosus (cardiology)
- Personal Data Access
- Personal Data Assistant
- Personal Database Application
- Personal Delivery Assistant (gaming)
- Personal Deposit Account
- Personal Development Activity
- Personal Digital Aide (electronic memo pad)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Personal digital assistants offer enormous convenience and flexibility to nursing homes in the general area of record keeping.