e Judge told Toulouse: "Your Y haymaker punch caused the damage and left Rory in a persistent vegetative state and he has never regained consciousness.
What does PVS stand for?
PVS stands for Persistent Vegetative State
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PVS
We have 155 other meanings of PVS in our Acronym Attic
- Pressure/Vacuum Relief Valve
- Purified Vero cell Rabies Vaccine
- Powell Valley Road Water District (Oregon)
- Paesi in Via di Sviluppo (Emerging Countries)
- Passive Vision Sight (military night vision systems)
- Passport and Visa Service (various locations)
- Patent- og Varemærkestyrelsen (Danish Patent and Trademark Office)
- Pecos Valley Southern Railway Company
- Pediatric Vaccine Stockpile
- Periscope View Simulator
- Personal Video Station (SnapStream)
- Phantom Vibration Syndrome (cell phone sensation)
- Physical Verification System (software)
- Physicians for a Violence-free Society
- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis
- Pine View School (Sarasota, Fl)
- Pipelined Vector Supercomputer
- Pittsburgh Vegetarian Society (Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
- Plant Variety Rights Office and Seeds Division (UK)
- Pojoaque Valley Schools
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hartstein's graph, the prognosis for someone who is in PVS 12 months into the accident is that there is a little chance of becoming conscious and a greater chance of dying or remaining in persistent vegetative state in the next seven months.
According to the Mirror, although Schumacher is currently stable, doctors fear that due to Schumacher's severe brain damage, he may suffer from apallic syndrome, or persistent vegetative state, which happens when a patient with severe brain damage is in a state of partial arousal rather than true awareness.
The case represents what is thought to be the first time that a judge has been asked to rule on whether life-supporting treatment should be withdrawn from a person who is not in a persistent vegetative state but is minimally conscious.
It is thought to be the first time that a judge has been asked to rule on whether life-supporting treatment should be withdrawn from a person who is not in a persistent vegetative state but is minimally conscious.
Englaro, 38, was seriously injured in a car accident in January 1992 and had been in a persistent vegetative state since then.
Eluana Englaro, who is in a persistent vegetative state, was moved from a Catholic clinic to a private hospital inUdine on Monday night, said her family's lawyer.
Prodded by Religious Right groups, Congress passed a special law designed to keep Schiavo, a brain-damaged Florida woman in a persistent vegetative state, connected to a feeding tube, despite her husband's wishes.