Here is a clear example of imperial hubris at work, with Britain starting off in the 1920s imaging that it could manipulate both the Palestine mandate and the Permanent Mandates Commission of the League of Nations to its own advantage, only to find them becoming something of a millstone round its neck, the more so when key members of the commission became strongly identified with the Zionist position in the next decade.
What does PMC stand for?
PMC stands for Permanent Mandates Commission
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PMC
We have 555 other meanings of PMC in our Acronym Attic
- PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect) Mezzanine Card
- Pediatric Medical Center (various locations)
- Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts (judicial system)
- Peoples Medical College (Pakistan)
- Percent Modern Carbon
- Percussion Marketing Council
- Perfect Magnetic Conductor
- Perfil Metabólico Completo (Spanish: Complete Metabolic Profile)
- Performance Management Consultant
- Permanent Managing Conservatorship (legal guardianship)
- Permanently Manned Capability
- Permanently Manned Configuration
- Persian Media Corporation (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Persian Music Center
- Persian Music Channel
- Personal Mobile Communicator (Sharp Corporation)
- Personalized Medicine Coalition
- Personnel Mobilization Center
- Personnel Monitoring Center (Radiological/Biological Decontamination)
- Pesticide Management Commission
Samples in periodicals archive:
A Permanent Mandates Commission (PMC) was established by the League Council on 1 December 1920, and comprised ten members, including four from the mandatory powers.
Within the League there was a ten member Permanent Mandates Commission primarily composed of citizens of non-mandatory states; the documents themselves were considered to be international treaties agreed to between the League of Nations Council and the mandatory power.