In such cases, full disclosure can help guide the clinician to the period of interest, at which point the appropriate measurement tools (grid and calipers) can be applied.
What does POI stand for?
POI stands for Period of Interest (US DoD)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of POI
We have 105 other meanings of POI in our Acronym Attic
- Prohibition on Certain Hazardous Substances (Norway)
- Prohibition on Certain Hazardous Substances in Consumer Products (various locations)
- P-mode Oscillations Instrument (Mees Solar Observatory)
- Panoramic Optical Imager
- Parallel Optical Interface
- Pay on Invoice
- Penguin on Ice
- Percent of Increase
- Perceptual Organization Index
- Period of Insurance
- Person of Interest
- Physician Office Integration (healthcare)
- Pissed Off Iraqi
- Plan d'Opération Interne (French: Plan of Internal Operation)
- Plan of Implementation (UN)
- Plan of Improvement (various organizations)
- Plan Of Instruction
- Plane of Innovation (Everquest game)
- Planned Operational Interval (US DoD; naval aviation)
- Point of Impact
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study group looked at the characteristics of the index case and physical dwelling place, and the health status and behaviours of individual household members during the period of interest.
Cheltenham's Festival meeting may still be four months away, but the Tote have seen a sustained period of interest in Aidan O'Brien's star and he has been cut from 7-4 to 11-8 favourite as a result.