Originally described by Hippocrates, 'immediate auscultation'--direct application of the ear to the patient was the method of listening and was used as part of the assessment of the patient which included the comprehensive physical diagnostics of inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation (IPPA) (Sureau, 1996).
What does P&A stand for?
P&A stands for Percussion and Auscultation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of P&A
- US DoT tire speed rating (93 mph)
- Alonzo Pawling and Henry Harnischfeger Mining Equipment
- Per Adresse (German: care of)
- Peace in War
- Professional Manager (Canadian Institute of Management)
- Për Shembull (Albanina: for example)
- Prime (computer language)
- Parts and Accessories
- Pay and Allowances
- People and Arts (TV channel)