In a follow-up study, Deen and her colleagues determined that the vaccine was up to 81 percent effective in preventing cholera.
What does PCTEF stand for?
PCTEF stands for Percent Effective
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Pharmacy Council on Tobacco Dependence (International Pharmaceutical Federation)
- Polycystic Thyroid Disease
- Position and Communication Tracking Daemon
- Predictive Context Transfer Data
- Polk County Transportation for Disabled & Elderlyly
- Pennsylvania Council of Teachers of English (est. 1956)
- Per Capita Total Expenditure
- Portable Common Tool Environment
- Princeton Center Teacher Education (Princeton, NJ)
- Punjab College of Technical Education (India)
- Policy Counter Terrorism Evaluation Group (Center for Media and Democracy)
- Per-Call Test Failure
- Plant Components Test Facility
- Plated Copper on Thick Films
- Police Chief Task Force (EU)
- Police Chiefs Task Force
- Precorneal Tear Film
- Process Condensate Treatment Facility
- Plymouth County Teachers Federal Credit Union (West Wareham, MA)
- Pacific Centre of Thermal-Fluids Engineering (symposium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Statistics show that the condom is 98 percent effective in preventing sexually transmitted infections and 97 percent effective in preventing unwanted pregnancies.
For a perfect user the pill is 99 percent effective and for a typical user it is 95 percent effective.
Even in young adults, a flu shot is at best 70 to 90 percent effective.
The liquid form is up to 80 percent effective in stopping the pain, while tablets are up to 40 percent effective.
Whether BCG is 100 percent effective or 50 percent effective, it's still better than treating a drug-resistant organism with a drug that doesn't work," he says.
It must be recognized,' Pimentel says, "that no set of protocols will ever be 100 percent effective in preventing biological catastrophe.
LEXUS RAISES PRICES 5 PERCENT EFFECTIVE MARCH 13 TORRANCE, Calif.