Perceived social support from family members of a patient with MS has also been shown to increase patients' assessments of their personal, social, and emotional functioning (Krokavcova et al.
What does PSS-FA stand for?
PSS-FA stands for Perceived Social Support from Family
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Psyber Stream Server (software)
- Psychosocial Support Service (various locations)
- Public Safety Service
- Public School System
- Public Sector Superannuation (Australia)
- Public Security System (various locations)
- Pulsed Spallation Source
- Pumped Storage Scheme (India)
- Pure Sensory Stroke (medical)
- Perimeter Surveillance System-Closed Circuit Television
- Performance Status Scale for Head and Neck Cancer
- Precision Strike Suite for Special Operations Forces
- Particle Size-Selective-Threshold Limit Value
- Private Network Signaling System 1
- Private Signalling System 1 (aka QSIG)
- Pseudomonas Syringae Pathovar Syringae 61 (protein)
- Parasternal Short Axis
- Particularly Sensitive Sea Area
- Pegasus Slowpitch Softball Association (Dallas, TX)
- Pennsylvania State Snowmobile Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kef (2002) found that perceived social support from family members is beneficial for a positive attitude and stable mental and physical health among people who are visually impaired.
It was hypothesized that, when controlling for stressful life events, dysfunctional attitudes and perceived social support from family and peers would be significant main effect predictors of depres sion, with dysfunctional attitudes a positive predictor and social support a negalive predictor of depression for both boys and girls.