3) was considerably less disturbing as compared with the perceived noise level in the playing rooms (median = 5.
What does PNL stand for?
PNL stands for Perceived Noise Level
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PNL
We have 49 other meanings of PNL in our Acronym Attic
- Pools Nederlandse Kulturele Vereniging (Dutch: Polish-German Cultural Association)
- Pacific Naval Lab (Canada)
- Pacific Northwest League (baseball)
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (usually seen as PNNL; Richland, WA)
- Pantelleria, Italy - Pantelleria (Airport Code)
- Partidul National Liberal (National Liberal Party, Romania)
- Passenger Name List (airline industry)
- Pax et Lux (Tufts University motto)
- Peace 'N' Lovés (French rap group)
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Poker Night Live (TV Show in UK, Canada)
- Power Networking Lunch (various locations)
- Prescribed Nuclear Load
- Profit and Loss (statement/analysis; business/accounting)
- Programación Neuro Lingüistica (Spanish)
- Programmazione Neuro-Linguistica (Italian: Neuro-Linguistic Programming; psychology)
- Pulsed Neutron Log (oil & gas industry/geology)
- Pulsed Nucleation Layer (semiconductors)
- Punks Need Lovin' (record company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NASAOs target for the under-track boom from a 2025-timeframe small airliner is a perceived noise level of 85 decibels (PNLdB).
5 dB and the effective perceived noise level (EPNL) by 2.
Referring to Weighted Equivalent Continuous Perceived Noise Level (WECPNL), an international environmental index for airplane noise, Watanabe said in his ruling, ''The residents in the area with over 75 WECPNL suffer damage beyond tolerable limits.
According to this scale -- the weighted equivalent continuous perceived noise level -- noise in residential areas should not exceed 70.