But tomato yields--and quality--have become increasingly vulnerable to a daunting new microbe, pepino mosaic virus (PepMV).
What does PepMV stand for?
PepMV stands for Pepino Mosaic Virus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Partial Evaluation and Program Manipulation (Workshop)
- Partial Evaluation and Semantics-based Program Manipulation
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management (Oracle)
- Per Eligible Per Month (health Insurance)
- Per Employee Per Month
- Pharma Engineering Project Management
- Program in Economic Policy Management
- Project Engineering and Planning Manager (US Navy)
- Parallel Execution of Prolog on Multiprocessor Architectures
- Pepper Mottle Virus
- Postsecondary Education Programs Network
- Promising and Effective Practices Network
- Pakistan Environmental Protection Ordinance
- Past Exam Papers Online
- Penn Estates Property Owners Association (East Stroudsburg, PA)
- Philippine Electric Plant Owners Association (est. 1955)
- Payment Error Prevention Program
- Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals
- People Escaping Poverty Project (Moorhead, MN)
- Princeton Earth Physics Project (seismic recording network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is also a complex selection of horticultural pests and diseases, including the tobacco or sweet potato whitefly, bemisia tabaci and other glasshouse insects, the pepino mosaic virus - which hits tomatoes - potato spindle tuber viroid and angular leaf spot on strawberries.
Pepino mosaic virus is being detected in tomatoes sent from the Canary Islands and Spain and the big worry among potato growers is from potato brown rot which came in on more than 5,000 tons of potatoes imported from Egypt.