Dolen Cymru will support a fruit tree planting project in the Phelisanong Community, Lesotho, Africa, which enables disabled people and people affected by HIV/Aids to run an orchard, eat healthily and sell the surplus to continue profiting from the enterprise.
What does PABHA stand for?
PABHA stands for People Affected by HIV/AIDS
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Pulmonary Artery Branches Embolism (vascular medicine)
- Pennsylvania Association of Bail Enforcement Agents (professional group)
- Policy Advisory Board for Elder Affairs (Hawaii)
- Pacific Area Bridge Federation
- Pan American Baseball Federation (est. 2003)
- Precision Air Bearing Floor
- Pulmonary Arterial Blood Flow (vascular medicine)
- Packing A Big Gun
- Peace and Be Groovy
- Penile Arterial By-Pass Surgery
- Passenger Air Bag Igniter
- Pediatric Acquired Brain Injury
- Penetrating Auditory Brainstem Implant (hearing aid)
- Philippine Association of Broiler Integrators, Inc.
- Process Aware Business Intelligence (SAS Institute, Inc.)
- Proteinase Accumulated by Inhibitors (biochemistry)
- Pittsburgh Area Brain Injury Alliance (Pennsylvania)
- Polish Association of Brokers and Investment Advisers
- Paper and Board Industry Advisory Committee (United Kingdom)
- Pediatric Acquired Brain Injury Community Outreach Program (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The latest figures released by the American University of Beirut for 2010 show that 93 new cases were reported in 2010, bringing the total number of people affected by HIV/AIDS to 1,346.
The groups receiving the funding provide activities for older people, people with physical disabilities, people with learning disabilities, carers, people affected by HIV/aids or people with mental health needs.
The study pointed to the need to increase HIV testing and decrease the number of people who are unaware they are HIV-positive as well as to the importance of fighting stigmatization and discrimination against people affected by HIV/AIDS.
She will also be running the project with wheelchair users and will be working with people affected by HIV/Aids at a project in Brighton.