He underwent an abdominal perineal resection, resection of base of scrotum, total mesorectal excision, resection of small bowel, pelvic lymphadenectomy and ileal conduit diversion.
What does PLA stand for?
PLA stands for Pelvic Lymphadenectomy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PLA
We have 273 other meanings of PLA in our Acronym Attic
- Partial Look-Ahead
- Participatory Learning and Action
- Participatory Learning Appraisal
- Participatory Learning Approach (pedagogy)
- Partido Liberal Andaluz
- Passenger's Luggage in Advance
- Patent License Agreement
- Pathology Laboratory Associates, Inc (Tulsa, OK)
- Paya Lebar Air Base
- Payday Loan Act
- Pennsylvania Library Association
- Pensacola Lighthouse Association (Florida, USA)
- People's Liberation Army (China)
- Performance Level Assessment
- Permanent Loan Agreement
- Personal Loan Agreement
- Petroleum Licensing Authority (UK)
- Philip Lawrence Awards (UK)
- Phone Losers of America
- PhpLdapAdmin (PHP tool for LDAP Server Administration)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pelvic Lymphadenectomy In terms of patient selection, there are no more limitations to the use of the robotic approach than with conventional laparoscopy.
Paraaortic lymphadenectomy was done in 30 patients, pelvic lymphadenectomy in 49, and both in 21.
Author(s): Stephen Pautler, MD FRCSC The subject of pelvic lymphadenectomy for prostate cancer remains a field of intense interest in uro-oncology.
LAS VEGAS -- A total laparoscopic approach to radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy in patients with early cervical cancer reduced intraoperative bleeding and recovery times but took significantly longer to perform than abdominal procedures in a prior trial.
1] Pelvic lymphocele is a postoperative complication that can result after pelvic lymphadenectomy for the treatment of pelvic malignancy.