They also describe anatomy; an at-home pelvic floor muscle exercise program, with photos of exercises; additional conservative treatments, such as medication, acupuncture, pelvic floor retraining, behavior and diet modifications and weight management, percutaneous nerve stimulation, urethral dilation, and vaginal pessaries; and surgical solutions.
What does PFME stand for?
PFME stands for Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercise
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PFME
We have 1 other meaning of PFME in our Acronym Attic
- Prudential Fund Management Berhad
- Pacific Fishery Management Council
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pension Funds Management Company
- Peritoneal Fluid Mononuclear Cell
- Pilgrims of Faith Marian Center
- Pleural Fluid Mononuclear Cell
- Parietal Foramina with Cleidocranial Dysplasia
- Public Financial Management and Control Law
- Parents Forum for Meaningful Education
- Prima Facie Medical Evidence (workers' compensation law)
- Product Fixed Marketing Expenditure
- Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Pennsylvania Federation of Museums and Historical Organizations (Harrisburg, PA)
- Pore Formation and Mobility Investigation (US NASA)
- Precision Fund Management, Inc.
- Private Fleet Management Institute (now the Institute for Truck Transportation Management)
- Patricia Ford Mailing List
- Plain Film Metrizamide Myelography (spine diagnosis)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I have been doing loads of pelvic floor muscle exercises, I feel like I have just had a baby or something.
We advice women to do the pelvic floor muscle exercises or seek help from the obstetrician/gynocologists to learn the right methods," he added.
Recommendations * Pelvic floor muscle exercises (PFME) with or without additional interventions such as biofeedback could be used to reduce the incidence of urinary incontinence in men who have had a prostatectomy (Grade B).
Patients were instructed in using anal palpation and in pelvic floor muscle exercises that they were to practice in three daily sessions at home.
Biofeedback or pelvic floor muscle exercise for female genuine stress incontinence: a meta-analysis of trials identified in a systematic review.