Anecdotal reports suggest that teens may have greater access to hormonal contraceptives since new medical recommendations stated that physicians can prescribe these medications to young women without a pelvic exam.
What does PE stand for?
PE stands for Pelvic Exam
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PE
We have 142 other meanings of PE in our Acronym Attic
- Partial Evaluation (computer languages)
- Particulate Emission
- Peace Enforcement (US DoD)
- Peace Establishment
- Peacetime Establishment (US DoD)
- Peclet Number
- Pedal Exungulation (the clipping of toenails)
- Peer Educators
- Peking Express
Samples in periodicals archive:
The older a woman was, the greater her likelihood of having missed a Pap test; women who had a low CD4 cell count, those whose count was unknown and those whose most recent pelvic exam had been performed somewhere other than their usual source of HIV care had relatively high odds of not having had a Pap test in the previous year.
They also noted whether they ever had a pelvic exam and whether it included a Pap test.
They can provide almost all family planning services, but under state law they can't provide a pelvic exam for women.
24) In the United States, only 39 percent of patients surveyed said that they would definitely or probably object to a pelvic exam by a student while being cared for as an outpatient.
Vaginal distress; changes in ultrasound, CA-125, bowel and bladder pelvic exam and biopsy patterns.
Some recommended screenings for women include: * Pap Test and Pelvic Exam * Mammogram * Colonoscopy * Blood Pressure Test * Cholesterol Tests * Osteoporosis Screening * Thyroid Test For more information, check out www.