The peer-to-peer working group developed as a result.
What does P2PWG stand for?
P2PWG stands for Peer-to-Peer Working Group
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Peer-to-Peer Knowledge Management
- Peer to Peer Markup Language
- Parent to Parent Network
- Peer-to-Peer Name Service
- Peer-to-Peer Protocol
- Phase 2 Proposal Preparation (European Southern Observatory software)
- Peer-to-Peer Research Group
- Point-to-Point Server
- PSTN to Packet Solutions (Marconi Corporation plc)
- Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol
- Peer-to-Peer Wireless Network Confederation
- Prepress and Print Quality Management
- Perception to Reality (trademark of P2R Associates; public relations firm; Livonia, MI)
- Prepared to Respond Services
- Procure to Report (software)
- Pollution Prevention Resource Recovery
- Pollution Prevention Regional Information Center
- Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange
- Pay to Stay
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Peer-to-Peer Working Group on Educating Executives on the Benefits of BI, DW and CPM is scheduled for Wednesday, September 28, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.
Business Editors SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 29, 2002 The Global Grid Forum (GGF), a community-initiated forum of individual researchers and practitioners working on distributed computing, or "grid" technologies, announced today that the membership of the Peer-to-Peer Working Group (P2PWG), created for the advancement and interoperability of peer-to-peer computing, has unanimously approved joining forces with the GGF.
CenterSpan is an Intel Capital portfolio company and a charter member of the Peer-to-Peer Working Group.
The importance and value of P2P sharing is recognized by major industry players such as Intel, which this August formed the Peer-to-Peer Working Group to investigate ways to take advantage of the storage space and computing power on workstations whose resources aren't fully utilized.
BUSINESS WIRE)--June 12, 2001 Over 60 Companies Represented at the May 2001 P2PWG Meeting in Santa Clara, CA The Peer-to-Peer Working Group (P2PWG), created for the advancement and interoperability of peer-to-peer computing, rounded out two full days of presentations and working group sessions with a plan of action and a commitment from over sixty company representatives to take peer-to-peer computing to the next level.
Joining Enfish Technology in the Peer-to-Peer Working Group are: Intel, AppleSoup, Applied MetaComputing, CenterSpan, Distributed Science, Dotcast, Engenia Software, Entropia, Groove networks, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Kalepa, MangoSoft, Popular Power, Static, United Devices, Uprizer and vtel.
Testament to this commitment are the number of industry projects and organizations that Avaki has been asked to be a part of from inception, including the Peer-to-Peer Working Group originally formed by Intel, The Global Grid Forum and Sun Microsystem's recently-announced Project JXTA.