The peer-to-peer working group developed as a result.
What does P2PWG stand for?
P2PWG stands for Peer-to-Peer Working Group
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Peer-to-Peer Knowledge Management
- Peer to Peer Markup Language
- Parent to Parent Network
- Peer-to-Peer Name Service
- Peer-to-Peer Protocol
- Phase 2 Proposal Preparation (European Southern Observatory software)
- Peer-to-Peer Research Group
- Point-to-Point Server
- PSTN to Packet Solutions (Marconi Corporation plc)
- Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol
- Peer-to-Peer Wireless Network Confederation
- Prepress and Print Quality Management
- Perception to Reality (trademark of P2R Associates; public relations firm; Livonia, MI)
- Prepared to Respond Services
- Procure to Report (software)
- Pollution Prevention Resource Recovery
- Pollution Prevention Regional Information Center
- Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange
- Pay to Stay
Samples in periodicals archive:
Business Editors SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 29, 2002 The Global Grid Forum (GGF), a community-initiated forum of individual researchers and practitioners working on distributed computing, or "grid" technologies, announced today that the membership of the Peer-to-Peer Working Group (P2PWG), created for the advancement and interoperability of peer-to-peer computing, has unanimously approved joining forces with the GGF.
CenterSpan is an Intel Capital portfolio company and a charter member of the Peer-to-Peer Working Group.
BUSINESS WIRE)--June 12, 2001 Over 60 Companies Represented at the May 2001 P2PWG Meeting in Santa Clara, CA The Peer-to-Peer Working Group (P2PWG), created for the advancement and interoperability of peer-to-peer computing, rounded out two full days of presentations and working group sessions with a plan of action and a commitment from over sixty company representatives to take peer-to-peer computing to the next level.
Testament to this commitment are the number of industry projects and organizations that Avaki has been asked to be a part of from inception, including the Peer-to-Peer Working Group originally formed by Intel, The Global Grid Forum and Sun Microsystem's recently-announced Project JXTA.