One example can be found in the Tripa Peat Swamp Forest, in the northwest of Aceh province, home to endangered species such as Sumatran rhinos and tigers.
What does PSF stand for?
PSF stands for Peat Swamp Forest (conservation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PSF
We have 279 other meanings of PSF in our Acronym Attic
- Panama Sea Frontier (US Navy)
- Parti Social Français (French: French Social Party)
- Partnership for Strong Families
- Passenger Service Fee (India)
- Pastor's Seed Family
- Patrimoine sans Frontieres (French: Heritage without Borders)
- Pay Service File
- Peace Support Force
- Peak Scatter Factor (radiation)
- Pearson Scott Foresman (elementary educational publisher)
- Pencak Silat of France
- Pendejos Sin Fronteras (foreign supporters of Hugo Chavez)
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival (est. 1992)
- Peoples Students Federation (Pakistan)
- Per Square Foot
- Perennialized Stream Flow
- Perfect Sound Forever (online music magazine)
- Performance Shaping Factor (nuclear power)
- Periodic Symmetric Function (computational mathematics)
- Permanent School Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hundreds of critically endangered orangutans in western Indonesia could be wiped out by the year's end if palm oil companies keep setting land-clearing fires in their peat swamp forests, conservationists warned Thursday.
It's even worse if you're burning a tropical peat swamp forest, which stores huge amounts of sequestered carbon (this is how Indonesia became them world's biggest greenhouse gas producer other than the U.
Covering an area of more than 400,000 hectares, the park embraces a variety of different ecosystems, including tropical heath forest, peat swamp forest and mangrove forest.
Site Description The Danau Sentarum wetlands comprise approximately 83 large and small lakes interconnected by rivers, and partly covered by peat swamp forest (Jeanes).
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The OFI predicts half the rainforest in the province will disappear into plantations as a result, including peat swamp forest next to Tanjung Puting National Park, home to the world's largest wild orangutan population.