Peace support forces in Afghanistan operate under a UN Chapter VII mandate and can certainly resort to lethal force, whatever national caveats may be in place.
What does PSF stand for?
PSF stands for Peace Support Force
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PSF
We have 279 other meanings of PSF in our Acronym Attic
- Pacific Select Fund
- Pakistan Science Foundation
- Pakistan Squash Federation
- Panama Sea Frontier (US Navy)
- Parti Social Français (French: French Social Party)
- Partnership for Strong Families
- Passenger Service Fee (India)
- Pastor's Seed Family
- Patrimoine sans Frontieres (French: Heritage without Borders)
- Pay Service File
- Peak Scatter Factor (radiation)
- Pearson Scott Foresman (elementary educational publisher)
- Peat Swamp Forest (conservation)
- Pencak Silat of France
- Pendejos Sin Fronteras (foreign supporters of Hugo Chavez)
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival (est. 1992)
- Peoples Students Federation (Pakistan)
- Per Square Foot
- Perennialized Stream Flow
- Perfect Sound Forever (online music magazine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The AU's Peace and Security Council (PSC) has called for the UN to ease a 1992 arms embargo on Somalia to allow a regional peace support force to deploy, but the ICU opposes international troops.
Although in some instances peace support forces will engage well-equipped and organized hostile forces, and may therefore require substantial firepower, on other occasions they will not face robust opposition but rather irregular forces that lack significant armed capability, but still pose a threat to peace and security.