Peace Pledge Union spokesman Albert Beale said: "Politicians clothe themselves in the red poppy.
What does PPU stand for?
PPU stands for Peace Pledge Union (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PPU
We have 74 other meanings of PPU in our Acronym Attic
- Parts per Trillion by Volume (measurement)
- Pioneer Public Television (Appleton, Minnesota)
- Prairie Public Television (Fargo, North Dakota)
- Parent Professional Teams Workshop (Specialized Training of Military Parents)
- Permanent Part Time Work (employment classification; Australia)
- Positive Puppy Training Works (book)
- Packet Pick-Up (racing events)
- Palestine Polytechnic University
- Pay Per Use
- Pending Pick Up
- Peoples Potential Unlimited (record label that reissues vinyl records)
- Peripheral Processor Unit
- Physical Planning Unit (Grenada)
- Physics Processing Unit
- Picture Processing Unit
- Pixelpushers United (pixel art commune)
- Plastic People of the Universe (band)
- Please Pick Up
- Point Park University (Pittsburgh, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But Jan Melichar of the Peace Pledge Union said: "In our minds, it's bizarre that an object specifically designed to destroy people is being used to collect money for good causes.
Last year I wore a white poppy from the Peace Pledge Union, who are dismayed at our international inability to settle conflicts without resorting to violence: the PPU's main plank is that with all human life of equal worth, it is unacceptable that men, women and children become cheap in desperate situations.
With the Peace Pledge Union, she was involved in the running of a club for working-class girls and for the first time became keenly aware of the social gulfs in England.
And the Peace Pledge Union, who make the poppies, claim that stocks are already running low as people register their rejection of Tony Blair's tough talking.
The following year the Peace Pledge Union joined in with their distribution, later taking over their annual promotion as a peace message.
The following year the Peace Pledge Union joined the women in the distribution of the poppies and later took over their annual promotion.
Since then, the Peace Pledge Union has promoted the White Poppy of Peace and non-violence instead of the Earl of Haig Red Poppy worn by the world's leading warmongers - Blair, Bush and Cheney.