The agency has hired outside contractors, called Payment Error Rate Measurement reviewers, to analyze overpayments and underpayments.
What does PERM stand for?
PERM stands for Payment Error Rate Measurement (US DHHS)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PERM
We have 16 other meanings of PERM in our Acronym Attic
- Practically Everything Really Likeable
- Pre-positioned Equipment Requirement List
- Principal Exchange Rate Linked (securities)
- Production Engineering Research Laboratory
- Public Employees' Retirement Law
- Pupils Equal and Reactive to Light
- Pupils Equal and Reactive to Light and Accommodation (medical)
- Pupils Equal Round React to Light Accommodation (visual acuity mnemonic)
- Preferred Exchangeable Resettable Listed Shares
- Principal Exchange-Rate-Linked Security (finance)
- Pb (lead)-Free Electronics Risk Management (governmental consortium)
- Permeance (unit of permeability of an object)
- Processless Electron Recording Medium
- Program Electronic Review Management (immigration)
- Programmgesteuerte Elektronische Rechenanlage Munchen (German: Munich Program Controlled Electronic Computing System; Munich, Germany)
- Progressive Encephalomyelitis with Rigidity
- Planning, Embarkation, Rehearsal, Movement, and Assault (Phases of an amphibious assault)
- Public Employer Risk Management Association (workers compensation; New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Workshops included discussion of the Improper Payments Information Act requirements and the impact on states; federal policy and quality control updates; payment error rate measurement eligibility training; best practices implemented by states for TANF work participation; Food Stamp payment accuracy and training for new and seasoned QC staff members; and process improvement techniques and applications that result in more effective use of staff and resources.
Furthermore, the MIP will closely coordinate with the Medicare Program Integrity group on projects such as Medi-Medi, a pilot project to share data to detect improper billing and utilization patterns, and the Payment Error Rate Measurement program, which is designed to calculate Medicaid payment error rates.