Pay Related Social Insurance was supposed to cover medical costs but now most workers are not even entitled to a medical card and have to hand over EUR50 every time they or their children go to the doctor.
What does PRSI stand for?
PRSI stands for Pay Related Social Insurance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PRSI
We have 13 other meanings of PRSI in our Acronym Attic
- Personal Radio Steering Group
- Personal Representative of the Secretary-General (UN)
- Post Referendum Support Group (Uganda)
- Pseudo-Random Sequence Generator
- Puerto Rico State Guard (voluntary professional officer corps)
- Puerto Rico Space Grant Consortium
- Partia Republikane Shqiptarë (Albanian Republican Party)
- Pacific Region Security & Intelligence (Washington)
- Pacific Retirement Services, Inc. (Portland, OR)
- Pasadena Refining System, Inc. (Pasadena, TX)
- Persatuan Renang Seluruh Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesia Swimming Federation; Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Public Relations Society of India
- Puerto Rico Stock Index
- Pacific Rim SMDS Interest Group
- Pacific Regional Strategy on HIV Implementation Plan (SPC Public Health Programme)
- Public Relations Society of Iran
- Puerto Rico Sotheby's International Realty (Puerto Rico)
- Public Relations Society of Japan
- Public Relations Society of Kenya
- Pennsylvania Reading Seashore Lines (railroad)
Samples in periodicals archive:
n AMERICAN businesses based in Ireland have made it clear they are not happy about government plans to abolish the ceilings on employers' Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI).
No accountant is ever totally satisfied, though, and the survey uncovered misgivings about increases in Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) contributions by employers - as well as the inflation worry.
Byline: CHRIS PARKIN AS analysts pondered a surprise hint from Charlie McCreevy of a change of tack on Pay Related Social Insurance contributions, the Finance Minister himself was studying a re-think on the Irish economy by European Union experts.
Mr Geoghegan added a warning on pay levels - and also managed to fire a shot in support of IBEC's long-standing grievance over last year's leap in employers' Pay Related Social Insurance rates (PRSI).
But he is still required to make the Pay Related Social Insurance - or PRSI - payments.
The Irish Business and Employers Confederation repeated its withdrawal threat over Finance Minister Charlie McCreevy's budget abolition of the ceiling on management Pay Related Social Insurance contributions.