If these are subverted, the interactions of invasive pathogens with various types of pathogen recognition receptors on epithelial cells and resident cells of the innate immune system, especially macrophages, initiate a localised inflammatory response characterised by an early influx of blood neutrophils.
What does PRR stand for?
PRR stands for Pathogen Recognition Receptor (biology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRR
We have 134 other meanings of PRR in our Acronym Attic
- Paediatric Rhinoconjunctivitis Quality of Life Questionnaire
- Perfect Reconstruction Quadrature Mirror Filter (digital signal processing)
- PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) Resource Query Protocol
- Pre-Rule Quiet Zone
- Pacific Road Runners (Canada)
- Packet Reception Ratio
- Packet Resource Request
- Palau Royal Resort
- Parts Replacement Request
- Passenger Reservation Request
- Pattern Recognition Receptor (immunology)
- Peachtree Road Race (10K footrace; Atlanta, GA, USA)
- Peer Review Report (various organizations)
- Pennsylvania Railroad
- Personal Role Radio
- Personnel Readiness Review (US Army)
- Personnel Replacement Requirements
- Personnel Requirements Report
- Personnel Resource Roster
- Pilot Record Request
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first pathogen recognition receptors identified was the Drosophila receptor Toll (13).