The medical industry, especially when juxtaposed with the technology and pharmaceutical industries, seems to be shrouded in an aura of paternalistic condescension.
What does PC stand for?
PC stands for Paternalistic Condescension (alternative for Politically Correct)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PC
We have 356 other meanings of PC in our Acronym Attic
- Participation Certificate (mortgage industry)
- Partido Conservador de Nicaragua (National Conservative Party, Nicaragua)
- Partner Communications (Iowa)
- Party Chief
- Pasay City (Philippines)
- Pass Conservative (Front Page Sports Football '95 et al)
- Passenger Car (law enforcement)
- Passport Control (checkpoints in the EcoChallenge race)
- Pasteurized Cheese
- Patch Cord
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American soldiers, when they appear, are largely indistinguishable from one another, and speak in short, terse sentences--offered the unprecedented opportunity to photograph Hirohito in his garden, they regard him with paternalistic condescension.
Such voter alienation hasn't been helped by the paternalistic condescension from today's leading politicians.