69) WIPO passed the Patent Law Treaty to harmonize international patent applications.
What does PLT stand for?
PLT stands for Patent Law Treaty
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PLT
We have 112 other meanings of PLT in our Acronym Attic
- Persistent Left Superior Vena Cava
- Perforator Ligation and Saphenous Vein Stripping
- Lead Lanthanum Titanate
- Page Load Time
- Parallel Line Theorem
- Partnership Liaison Team
- Passive Link 11 Tap (SAIC)
- Passive Link Tap (SAIC)
- Past Life Therapist
Samples in periodicals archive:
138) Shortly after the Patent Law Treaty was adopted, the SCP began discussions on the draft of a Substantive Patent Law Treaty (SPLT).
Following the successful adoption of the Patent Law Treaty (PLT) in June 2000, which standardizes formal procedures for patent applications, the Substantive Patent Law Treaty (SPLT) also has been put on the agenda of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), with the aim of standardizing substantive points of the patent law.
The government will also seek ratification by parliament in 2008 of the Patent Law Treaty, which aims to standardize patent application forms to simplify overall procedures, the officials said.
The countries' proposal warned of dangers in a WIPO-led effort to adopt a Substantive Patent Law Treaty, an agreement which would raise patent standards beyond those required by the World Trade Organization.